Feature Requests

Please give us details on your idea for a new feature, or an add-on to a current feature. Tell us how this feature will help improve your ability to analyze your game, or improve the GAME platform. The more details the better!

What features do you need?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Bluetooth upload to mobile

I am amazed that in 2019 you still have to connect a device to a PC to upload your round to an app? I don't have a PC as its 2019 and only use mobile devices so its a product that effectively useless to anyone under the age of 100 years old.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Like the Golfshot app, ability to view shot list for a specific club and exclude less than full swings from ave distance

Like the Golfshot app, ability to view shot list for a specific club and exclude less than full swings from ave distance

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How about an app for Android Phones??? C'mon!!!

How about an app for Android Phones??? C'mon!!!

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. New Game Golf

Do we know when the new GG is going to be released? I have been using GG from the start. I now have GGL, it is not the first one I have had. I love the stats etc. I do have issues though, the connection between my Samsung S8+ drops out all the time. I am not sure if it is the phone (doubt it as it happened with my last mobile), I do use a Samsung Gear S3 which is also connected via BT, I have tried with my watch in airplane mode and have the same issues. 90%…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Caddy Tips

Game golf should be able to give caddy tips based on your stats. So options of what club to hit from what distance based on your stats. eg hard 9iron or easy 8 from x distance based on % greens hit.

Also course management advice based on previous rounds. etc.

Cheers

Kevin

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Club Suggestion

Would be nice to have club suggestions based on the distance algorithm from where you are lying. If I am using the app to get an idea for how far I currently am to the hole base on GPS, it would be great to also see the club recommendation for that distance.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. offline app use

right now, even though i can download the course before i start my round, i still need an internet connection to actually start a round, which seems counter-intuitive. i should be able to start and track a round without a connection and then upload and sign once i have one.

when travelling you will not always have internet or data service on your phone... but GPS tracking should work without data and with previously downloaded maps.

this would make a big difference who travel to play and are not enamored with the prospect of roaming charges! thanks.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Add-on  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Have strokes gain stats within the app

Why are the strokes gain stat only available through the web login and not the app?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Add-on  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Add a round" feature on the website for when you forget to take the device

I forgot to take the device with me on my most recent round.

I think I could easily remember all the shots I took by plotting them on the Google map.

The Game Golf app allows you to start a round on a nearby course.

The website should enable you to add a round and choose a course to manually enter the shots.

It's not practical to go back to the course where I played - it's 150 miles away.

I cannot use the app to do it because the app does not enable you to search for courses -…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  14 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Downloadable "Players Summary report" for coaches

The ability to create a report on facets held within Game Golf that would represent a good summary of performance and characteristics to present to a coach so that they can better and more quickly understand where the best improvements are to be gleaned.

We could start off with 10 or so pages, club performance report, insights showing the various graphics for Off The Tee, Approach and Scoring, not every possible option, initially just driver tee, Approach inside 100 and then total scoring, then also graphs over time for score through to Putte/Hole.

In time the "Game Golf players summary…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Upload a round via Game Golf app

Would it be possible to update the Game Golf app for the iPhone so that it could connect to the Game Golf app via Bluetooth, then upload your round direct to the app via Bluetooth? This means you could do it straight after your round at the golf club and see the results immediately, without the need of going home to plug it into your computer.

129 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Users can play rounds using the free GAME GOLF app with GPS Rangefinder to track their game and view distances left to the hole, etc. Available on iOS and Android devices.

13. Strokes gained stats

I am sure you are on it but you need to move to strokes gained stats for putting and tee to green as traditional stats are a thing of the past. As you have all distances it should be very easy. You would have to mark the hole location but I am sure you are solving that one. Maybe just add a hole ball marker that we tag hole location and can use to mark the greens. Great product.

188 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. add weather conditions, course condition, wind direction and shot shape

it would be nice to be able to add weather condition, course condition and wind direction to hone in on averages and see why on one hole you hit a 300 yard drive and on the next hit a 230 yard drive and shot shape so when you look back on a round you can see why you hit a 130 yard 3 wood because you hit a overhanging tree

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Feature Add-on  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Exclude individual shots from stats gathering

I would like to see a feature that allows me to exclude a shot from stats tracking to not skew the results.

For example, if I hit a drive into the woods and use a 5-iron to advance the ball 30 yards back to the fairway, that 30 yard 5-iron will negatively impact my distance stat for that club. Some people always use the same club for these types of shot so you'll end up with a club with distances that are way off.

Thoughts?

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Feature Add-on  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  James Wang responded

Our clustering algorithm filters out outliers (like a drive into the woods or a pitch back into the fairway) from affecting your “typical” club distances

17. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Add-on  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  James Wang responded

This gets requested a fair amount – we actually automatically prevent your chip and pitch shots from dragging down your clubs’ typical distances. We do this by clustering your shot distances and basing the typical distance using the two highest clusters. So rest assured that logging pitches and chips won’t drag down your performance! (It does require that you log enough shots for the clustering to be effective though.)

18. Average club length shown as a range

I think it would be nice to be able to see the average club length as a range rather than a single average. So the range would cover say 80% of the shots with that club and would say the Driver is from 195m to 210m.

This would help see overlap and gaps in current clubs

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Anonymous responded

Greetings from GAME GOLF!

Hope you’ve been using the device and uploading your rounds recently. If you haven’t noticed already, we have added a Club Performance quite a while ago, and more recently added at the Insights page

Check it out at http://www.gamegolf.com/analysis and pick Club Performance. It hints a lower and upper range for each club, and more importantly, your “typical” shot distance for each club. This isn’t the same as median or average. We have a unique algorithm that picks your typical distance for each club.

Also each club type (woods, irons, wedges) are now lined up against one another so you can figure out the gaps (if any) for the clubs in your playing with. Enjoy!

19. Change distance and other average stats on profile to calculation of last 20 or 30 rounds.

My understanding is that average score and stats in the analysis tab represent a rolling last 20 rounds entered. My suggestion would be something similar(maybe a little longer) for club distances and average FIR, GIR and other stats on the profile page that if I understand correctly, are a rolling total of all your scores from the beginning when you started entering data. The problem would be if you are learning new things and are hitting the ball differently, from year to year. Longer or Shorter, hitting more greens or less greens. It would take to long to see what…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Add-on  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Update forum so users can see what improvements you are working on (see swingbyte web forum)

Swingbyte forum has feature request section but requests are flagged as done, planned or not-planned etc. This gives some feedback and is less frustrating else it feels like throwing ideas into the dark.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base