Feature Requests

Please give us details on your idea for a new feature, or an add-on to a current feature. Tell us how this feature will help improve your ability to analyze your game, or improve the GAME platform. The more details the better!

What features do you need?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Allow the player to edit shots before signing to a full or partial (punch,chip,pitch) shot. Filter all partial shots from the club database.

During editing, before signing. All each shot to be selected as a full or partial shot. Partial shots will be chip, pitch, knock-down, punch, etc. and would be filter from inclusion into the club database. That way the database will reflect the true club yardage since the player does not want the partial shot yardage affecting the club average. The accuracy and dispersion of partial shots (i.e. chips and pitches) could be display in an added feature.

100 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Feature Add-on  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Be able to end the current hole when you pick up (for stableford competitions)

I play every Wednesday in a running stableford competition. So when I can no longer score on a hole, I pick the ball up. Currently I then have to delete all the shots on that hole for it not to make a freak finishing shot into the hole, when I move onto the next hole.

If you added an option, for instance when editing the final shot on such holes, that you could pick the ball up and the hole score given was then a straight line. This would mean I could keep the previous shots taken, and have them…

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Filter stats by course (drop down selector)

It would be helpful to be able to pull all stats from a particular course rather than manually scanning and clicking them in the drop down menu. this would make analysis of play on certain courses much more efficient.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Add-on  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Strokes Gained Overview Feature Improvements

The Strokes Gained Overview feature has now launched. In the first iteration we wanted to make the aggregate data as concise and simple to understand as possible for all users. That said, we plan to expand the feature to be more helpful for each individual to improve. Please share what add-ons you'd like to have!

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    89 comments  ·  Feature Add-on  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mark a shot as "lay-up" rather than "approach the green"

The current ATG feature includes all shots that end up within 50 (?) yards of the hole.

Often with my standard of golf I choose to layup rather than aim at a green. These lay-ups are frequently within the 50 yards limit that gamegolf includes in the ATG stats. These shots skew the ATG stats as the green wasn't my target.

I believe it would be useful to be able to edit a shot to mark it as a "lay-up". This could be helped with a stat of "lay-up distance to green".

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. GPS "Chip" for Flag Sticks-- GameGolf Affiliate Courses

Follow me on this one:

Game Golf partners with an "affiliate" GameGolf friendly course.
    That course has a GPS like chip screw cap on the top of the flag stick which would automatically place the hole location in the correct location on the green.

Benefits:
    + The time spent editing rounds would literally be cut in half.
    + Accuracy and relevancy of the data would become exponentially better.
    + Features like Strokes Gained, and putting stats would be powerful and robust.
    + Specific course competition features could be added... Closest to the pin, longest putt, longest approach hole-out, etc...
    +…

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable tracking of different putters over time (putts per hole for different putters)

You already track individual clubs and their distances, why can we not track the number of putts per round/hole/etc by putter? I have different putters and I am trying to decide which works best. I'd like to be able to play rounds and review the stats to tell me which is working better not just which I feel like is better. I average just over 2 putts per hole and would really like to try and get that down under 2. I feel like this feature would be of assistance.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Add-on  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Putting stats!

Ok so the GPS probably isn't accurate enough yet to be able to tag the pin location. So I place the pins in my round review afterwards and then also the putts to be more precise. It would be great to have holing percentages for different ranges of putts (1-3 ft, 4-6ft etc). Placing putts in the round review would still be accurate enough to give a trend over time.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Use meters not yards in distance to pin (when configured) on phone and watch (and display units used)

It's clear that the GPS figures used for displaying distance to center of green on the phone and correspondingly the Pebble watch are in yards even though I have configured measurements units to be meters.

The main display does use meters as does the editing but not the distance to green/pin. Please either use the existing measurement setting or allow a setting on the phone to change the units.

Ideally display the units used to avoid any confusion.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Add-on  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Offline courses

There should be an option to download courses permanently for offline usage. It often takes a lot of time to start a round due to bad connection.
    It would be awesome if you could preload your favorite courses.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. cumulative

I would like to be able to see all of my previous tee shots on any hole overlaid on a single map of that hole. In much the same way that you can see your shots in a single round at the moment.
    It would be like having the map of a hole and the "off the tee" results in one screen.

Then, when you hover over any of the marked shots it would have information about what you went on to do from that position, on that day. you could have (10/2/15. 4) in green for a tee shot…

368 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. We have a long list of features and updates that we are working on. There is some overlap in the advanced hole analysis request and trying to take everything into consideration.

13. pin location

after holing out beep over the hole with putter.

the software will then auto assign the hole location to the last beep, deleting final putt.

198 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have added pin location in iOS and Android is in the works. For classic users, it is available on Web. We are looking into how we can make pin location assignment easier.

14. Compare data when changing clubs ie. sets of irons or Driver A vs Driver B

It would be nice when you change the name of the tag when lets say adding a new driver. Then compare the data against each other. This would let you know if you improved performance and accuracy. I am getting ready to change irons. Would be nice to compare to the vast amount of data I have compiled to see if there are accuracy and data gains old club vs new club. Would involve housing the history in a more accessible platform. Thanks for considering!

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. A tag for the counterbalance putter

Counterbalance putters are increasingly common but they all have a problem with attaching the tag to it as the weight is drilled into the butt end of the grip. Why not have a "cap" that can be put on to the grip end instead of screwing it in? I have to stop using my device now since I can't get one on my putter

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Android wear app support

when is the android wear app going to come for game golf ?

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Tee Shots should not be defined by Tee Box, but rather 1st on a hole.

In my club they constantly move the tee boxes, however GameGolf only recognises a tee shot if its in the predefined box.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Add-on  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow users to switch between Google Maps and Bing Maps satellite imagery

Google's satellite imagery for my course is really out of date so some holes are car parks and bunkers are missing etc. Microsoft's Bing Map imagery is much more up to date. It'd be good if we could switch the imagery provider. I know this is fairly trivial with certain JS map libraries,

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Add-on  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Classic version: Upload round from device to smartphone then to the web without need to connect the device to the computer.

Classic version: Upload round from device to smartphone then to the web without need to connect the device to the computer.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Link android app to smart watch

Extend app so that it links in with smart watch. While I have my phone it would also be cool if I could use watch to check distance
    Golf shot have feature but it would be cool with game golf as I can track my club shots automatically

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Feature Add-on  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base