Feature Requests

Please give us details on your idea for a new feature, or an add-on to a current feature. Tell us how this feature will help improve your ability to analyze your game, or improve the GAME platform. The more details the better!

What features do you need?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Android wear app support

when is the android wear app going to come for game golf ?

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A tag for the counterbalance putter

Counterbalance putters are increasingly common but they all have a problem with attaching the tag to it as the weight is drilled into the butt end of the grip. Why not have a "cap" that can be put on to the grip end instead of screwing it in? I have to stop using my device now since I can't get one on my putter

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Tee Shots should not be defined by Tee Box, but rather 1st on a hole.

In my club they constantly move the tee boxes, however GameGolf only recognises a tee shot if its in the predefined box.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Add-on  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow users to switch between Google Maps and Bing Maps satellite imagery

Google's satellite imagery for my course is really out of date so some holes are car parks and bunkers are missing etc. Microsoft's Bing Map imagery is much more up to date. It'd be good if we could switch the imagery provider. I know this is fairly trivial with certain JS map libraries,

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Classic version: Upload round from device to smartphone then to the web without need to connect the device to the computer.

Classic version: Upload round from device to smartphone then to the web without need to connect the device to the computer.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Link android app to smart watch

Extend app so that it links in with smart watch. While I have my phone it would also be cool if I could use watch to check distance
    Golf shot have feature but it would be cool with game golf as I can track my club shots automatically

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Feature Add-on  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Real time display of distance from the tee box or previously hit club before tagging the next club.

As a beginner golfer, I hit many tee shots into neighboring fairways and bushes. It would help if I knew how far I was from the tee box to know where to start looking for my ball. Most of the time, I know my average distance for my driver, but with GameGolf, I don't know the distance from the tee to my current location unless I tag a club first. I would like to know the distance before tagging.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Logging of full shots / not full shots

Would it be possible to be able to log a shot as full or not full?

I miss a lot of greens and therefore need to pitch and chip a lot. This currently completely makes my distance stats useless as the short pitches and chips are registered against the club distance.

Could you make it so a tap of the club against the device registers a full shot and say holding the tag against the device for 5 seconds records a non full shot. These non full shots can then be recorded but excluded from the club performance stats.

If…

150 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

GAME GOLF automatically filters out punch shots and poorly hit shots to calculate the typical distance for each club, provided that you have recorded multiple shots with that particular club. A club’s typical distance represents the distance a full swing would yield under typical conditions.

9. Advanced Course / Hole Analysis

Is there any way you can add some hole analysis in to track average scores for each hole so you can see where your problem holes are? From there it would be interesting to see if different strategies/shots off the tee makes a difference to your score on that particular hole. For instance I have problems with Hole 6 and have been tracking scores using driver off the tee compared to a hybrid and have decided that 'on average' I'm better playing the hybrid as average score is +1 compared to driver which is +1.5. Would be good to call…

501 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    39 comments  ·  Feature Add-on  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. We have a long list of features and updates that we are working on. We are looking into this feature request and how to make maximize its potential.

10. Change date a round was played

Please add a way to set the date the round was played. Currently, GG seems to be recording the round on the date it was uploaded to the website, not the date it was played. I would have thought this information was captured with the details during the round but perhaps not...

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Pick up option for scratch hole

Hi there, would it be possible to add a feature for a hole you pick up on whereby when editing you select a "scratch" option which assumes a score of say 7 on a par 4 so that you don't have to enter penalty/fakes shots

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. reset statistics

please could we have the ability to reset all statistics. I have been user game golf for a while, but, have changed my clubs, so now need to build up the data for this set. I also have some skewed figures from partial rounds and would like a fresh start. even if it is a once a year option.

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Shot type

It would be great if there was a way, when signing your round, to edit individual shots based off of their shot type. For example, I hit my drive into the woods and use my 5 iron to punch out into the fairway. I'd like to be able to mark that shot as a punch. Or if I'm in a bunker and use a sand wedge, it'd be nice to be able to tag that shot as a bunker shot. Or if I need to pitch a shot over a bunker, I could tag that shot as a pitch, or…

151 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Pin Placement

Add option to allow user to select either their 1st or last tagged putt as the pin location. Example: Under settings, I select to use my 1st putter tag as the pin. I would then hit my approach onto the green. Then, with putter in hand, tag the pin. The device, on upload would then automatically set the pin and not count this as a putt.

This would be helpful to show the user there proximity to hole on approach, chip and lag putt.

In addition to selecting 1st or last putt, the user should be able to choose not…

538 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    54 comments  ·  Feature Add-on  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to turn off Beep

I believe it would be beneficial to be able to remove the beep sound. It is very distracting to other players

269 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    45 comments  ·  Feature Add-on  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Export scorecard to The Grint or other Handicap websites

I would like to have the ability to export a scorecard to be submitted and entered into a Handicap service such as The Grint, to eliminate the need to re-enter my scorecards.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Create a public API

Create a public API so that it would be easy to integrate data into third party apps like exercise, or let other companies build phone clients or integration to GolfShot, Shotly, GolfLogix since yes we want to "get the phone out" but it is the way many of us score now. With GolfShot that integration could also be to GolfPlan and what am I doing practice wise...it isn't so much figuring that out but opening up - you still control the device, the backend data collection and all that means etc. but the value of the data increases.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Delete shot from statistics to get better club averages

Delete shot from statistics to get better club averages. THis would allow me to control which shots I want to use to determine the validity of a shot in my averages.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Calculate the total Stableford score for the round by entering handicap and Course handicap.

Hello game golf team, is it possible to calculate the total Stableford score for the round?
    I´d really appreciate if that possibility would be available. I tried the app Golfshot in the past and this really worked great with that
    app. Just put the handicap in the player profile, course handicap is calculated
    automatically (or add it manually).

232 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    39 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Short Game Stats will make Game Golf as common as a rangefinder

My daughter is a D-1 player who switched to your product from Shot by Shot and she has completely lost all ability to track her short game stats. i.e distance from hole from approach, sand or chip, as well as 0-3ft, 3-6 ft, 6-10ft, 10-15ft, 15-25ft, 25ft-40ft, 40ft+ averages. My daughter doesn't know what to specifically practice around the green anymore and she is going to have to start keeping a journal I guess. This is over 50% of the game.

If you want every Professional, Mini-Tour Player, Amateur, Collegiate Player, and competitive Junior to own one of these (like…

255 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  11 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base