What features do you need?

pin location

after holing out beep over the hole with putter.

the software will then auto assign the hole location to the last beep, deleting final putt.

198 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
jimbop shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Adminjaehee.lee (Admin, GAME GOLF) responded  · 

We have added pin location in iOS and Android is in the works. For classic users, it is available on Web. We are looking into how we can make pin location assignment easier.

22 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the Game Golf Life. and would love to have a separate tag, strictly for pin location.

Rather than editing the round after...

• Doug Pinard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, it's been just about 3 years since Jimbop posted the initial idea and 20 months since Jaehee.lee (Admin, GAME GOLF) said things are in work. Any update to this? I love almost every aspect of Game Golf, but your putting data is where you are lacking. Being able to accurately identify pin location would provide a much needed benefit in putt stats.
    I personally am not a fan of utilizing an unused tag, as I have additional clubs and now no more extra tags. A separate tag, strictly for pin location, would be ideal for me.

• Ron Sears commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need a new tag for pin location. The solution can't be manually assigning it on your phone. It takes more time, and still lacks accuracy.

• andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

jaehee.lee (Admin, GAME GOLF) responded · Jun 20, 2016
    We have added pin location in iOS and Android is in the works. For classic users, it is available on Web. We are looking into how we can make pin location assignment easier.

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN IN ENGLISH?

• Mark Wooldridge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe double tap (two taps within a few seconds in the same location), the putter to identify the hole location.

I vote for being able to assign an unused tag for the pin or use the putter last tap, both available set from the app or website.

Agreed - need a "sunk putt" tag that you would press when you pulled your ball out of the cup so you would automatically track where the pin was.

• Jeff Shepherd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should have a special tag that is for the Pin Location. This tag would be kept in your pocket, or clipped onto the shaft of the putter or some such thing. The software would recognize this tag as the hole location only. This tag should be extremely accurate. It should not matter in what sequence you tag the hole by holding the tag over the hole and bringing the main unit to the tag by standing next to the hole if you wear it on your belt. The software would incorporate this data for all strokes labelled as Putts. If there are no putts, then then the software should know that the ball was chipped int. Alternately, there could be a "Last Ball Position Tag" which the user would use to tag when the ball is in the hole. The only difference here is that the tag would always be used last, after the ball was in the hole. This tag would tell where the hole is and that the hole was over. BONUS: it would be extremely helpful if either one of these tags were designed to held against the flag stick while being activated. The lower you held it on the flag stick, the more accurate the hole location would be calculated.

We offer High quality Passports,Drivers license,IDs,Visas, etc ... (doctorpaul18@gmail.com)
    call... +1(513) 276-4764

BUY Passports, Driver license,ID Cards,:(doctorpaul18@gmail.com)

purchase registered and unregistered passport of all countries.visas,biometric
    passport,degrees,drivers license,I.D cards.Training certificates M GCSE, A-levels,
    High School Diploma Certificates ,GMAT, MCAT, and LSAT Examination Certificates ,
    novelty Birth, Marriage, and Death Certificates , Novelty Passports and New
    Identity Packages , Replicated, False Degrees/Diplomas from most post-secondary
    institutions from around the world (we have over 3000 templates on file) all
    designed to look 100% identical to the original.Custom Printing
    We use high quality equipment and materials to produce authentic and counterfeit
    documents.All secret features of real passports are carefully duplicated for our
    Registered and unregistered documents.contact us using the info below

Contact e-mail:.... doctorpaul18@gmail.com

Skype....... .. doctorpaul.moore

call.......... +1(513) 276-4764

we are able to produce the following items;
    REAL BRITISH PASSPORT.
    REAL CANADIAN PASSPORT.
    REAL FRENCH PASSPORT.
    REAL AMERICAN PASSPORT.
    REAL RUSSIAN PASSPORT.
    REAL JAPANESSE PASSPORT.
    REAL CHINESSE PASSPORT.
    REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED BRITISH PASSPORT.
    REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED CANANIAN PASSPORT.
    REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED FRENCH PASSPORT.
    REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED AMERICAN PASSPORT.
    REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED RUSSSIAN PASSPORT.
    REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED JAPANESSE PASSPORT.
    REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED CHINESSE PASSPORT.
    REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED PASSPORTPASSPORT FOR COUNTRIES IN THE EUROPEAN UNION.

Contact e-mail:.... doctorpaul18@gmail.com

Skype....... .. doctorpaul.moore

call.......... +1(513) 276-4764

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpSFrrIQFXE

As it could be done by a software-change/patch, I prefer to assign the last beep as the pin-position. So no new tag is needed and no hassle to find it. The putter is in your hands when you pick up the ball.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not to mark the hole with a short pressing of on/off button on the device? Can be easily programmed without any new equipment...

• Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea of a special marker that you can attach to your hat or glove. Or something like that (a tag on a bracelet maybe) to tap when pucking up the ball from the cup. Or just a prolonged tap with the putter..

Need to have something to tell pin position or the approach shots screen is useless. it tells how close to the center of the green you are, I am more interested in how close to the pin I got. On my local course I walked off the distance from the pin to the center of the green on a couple of holes and found them to be 14 - 16 yards, that means on the approach shots screen what could be a really good approach shot could be out of the circle. This is something which could be implemented easily and I believe it is needed.

• Carl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perfect -- Better as someone already pointed out is to assign one of your extra tags as this new function -- Use it as your ball marker (GameGolf could sell a custom ball marker)

A bit more difficult but how about a button on the receiver that you need to hold for 2 seconds for the pin location. That way you can do it whenever you like.

• jimbop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

denis, make the 60' putt then beep over the hole. the software disregards that last 'putt' and marks it as the hole location.

• jimbop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"it's simple if it treats the last bleep as "this is where the pin is"

that's exactly what im saying!

• Dennis Walter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you make a 60ft putt, how would game golf know where the pin was located on that particular hole's green? Pin locations change so often, so you either have to physically tag that pin location or else it would be hard for GameGolf to collect that data without tagging the hole with your putter or some other tag. Maybe the next generation GameGolf device you wear on your belt has a button of some sort that you tap when you are at the pin grabbing your ball out of the hole.

• Mark Frost commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really should be an option you can change in your profile, and the magic happens behind the scenes.

The fact is, no matter how smart their pin placement algorithm becomes it will never be able to eliminate the post-round editing required to get useful data. This means that their efforts should go towards making that post-round procedure as quick and precise as possible rather than pouring effort into a whiz-bang automated thing.

• Tony Brookes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have thought about this too and I agree, it's simple if it treats the last bleep as "this is where the pin is"

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base