What features do you need?

Shot type

It would be great if there was a way, when signing your round, to edit individual shots based off of their shot type. For example, I hit my drive into the woods and use my 5 iron to punch out into the fairway. I'd like to be able to mark that shot as a punch. Or if I'm in a bunker and use a sand wedge, it'd be nice to be able to tag that shot as a bunker shot. Or if I need to pitch a shot over a bunker, I could tag that shot as a pitch, or a flop, or a host of other potential shot types. The default would obviously be "Full." Then you could filter out shots other than a full shot from your averages. Right now, my sand wedge average is about 30 yards, because I use it around the green a lot, but thats not the average full shot for my sand wedge

151 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Michael Paciocco shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still wondering why this feature has not been added. There is a need and solve many of the distance issues people are having.

• Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are several request about that. Why does the Staff not put that requests together? It would come easily to TOP page No 1

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could have used this today. A few times I was on the fringe, too far off green to putt, and needed to get a bump and run going. I used a 9 iron for this rather than a wedge so I could get the roll I needed. Now my stats for my 9 iron look like I hit it weakly or that I'm having horrible mishits.

Maybe an additional feature would be for auto-detect. In this case, seeing I was nearly on the green and using my 9 iron should automatically update the shot type to something other than full.

• Jim Sinicropi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a big one... you should be able to choose 'punch', 'draw', 'fade', 'thin', popped up', 'fat', 'chunked', 'shanked', etc.

I especially would like to see the draw/fade added as options in post round edit. I hit my 8 iron about 10 yards longer with a draw then when I try to hit a fade. I would like to see my club statistics for when I set up for a draw and a separate dataset for when I set up for a fade.

I really feel that the addition of multiple shot types in the post round editing would instantly make Game Golf sooooo much deeper and useful,

• Jesper Brogaard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would really add value to the product. I it could take advantage of smartphone sensors to recommend a shot type using the sensory data when non-full swing is detected would be even better.

• Mike Roberts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree, and support this idea. Because of my inaccurate driving lately, I'm punching from the woods a lot, and those shots skew my average distance per club. Plus, I'd like to track the effectiveness of each type of shot, like punch, chip, pitch, or flop.

• Tyler Beitel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've heard of people using the star, diamond, circle, or triangle tags to tag shots which you speak of, instead of the tag on the end of the club your using. For example, today i hit a 125 yard punch 7 iron under tree branches and ended up 20 feet from the pin. Probably the best punch shot I've ever hit, but to game golf, I hit a 7 iron (which i average 165-170 yards) 125 yards to 20 feet which is nothing special and doesn't note or account a beautiful shot for my standards. And also, if you don't want 10-40 yard pitch or chip shots going towards your average for that particular wedge, tag another one of those symbols instead of the one on your club. I haven't done this, but it seems fairly sensible.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is exactly what is needed. This change alone would fix so many issues.

Then make the data available to us to slice however we want instead of trying to deliver certain stats to us.

• marc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes! this is exactly what i've been thinking of too. mainly i think it would be helpful for tee and approach shots. allowing you to either specify a special type of shot (full or knockdown) or even just to tag terrible shots (shanks!) so that you can analyze shots and exclude those outliers.

something simple for approach/tee shots:

- full, knock down, punch, rescue, shank, chunk, blade, tree

short game could be cool too, but less interesting to me:

- pitch, chip, flop, belly wedge

Feedback and Knowledge Base