What features do you need?

Advanced Course / Hole Analysis

Is there any way you can add some hole analysis in to track average scores for each hole so you can see where your problem holes are? From there it would be interesting to see if different strategies/shots off the tee makes a difference to your score on that particular hole. For instance I have problems with Hole 6 and have been tracking scores using driver off the tee compared to a hybrid and have decided that 'on average' I'm better playing the hybrid as average score is +1 compared to driver which is +1.5. Would be good to call up one hole and see where you play the hole better.

481 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bruce Lowe shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Adminjaehee.lee (Admin, GAME GOLF) responded  · 

Thanks for the feedback. We have a long list of features and updates that we are working on. We are looking into this feature request and how to make maximize its potential.

33 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

It may also be useful in terms of advanced analytics to look at everyone playing a specific hole or course and analysing based on a set of definable filters what the particular shot characteristics are on a specific golf course. For example looking at a particularly difficult dog leg par 4 may identify the optimum approach to take to get the best result?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Has anything actually been done about this yet? I've uploaded over 200 rounds and on my 3rd device. One broke and I gave the other to a friend when I upgraded. If this feature isn't included by the time my current device fails l(nothing lasts forever) I will definitely be looking at alternative tech

• jjagg commented  · 

Totally agree I bought GG 18 months ago and really liked it initially for some good stats on my game with comparisons with other similar handicappers. I did comment on a few improvements that I thought were necessary to make GG really great and ahead of other products. I too left a comment on this specific requirements request just over a year ago. Nothing appears to be happening to further develop GG and having witnessed others using alternate systems I now think GG have possibly frozen any further development on this product due to lack of ongoing commercial success now that others have joined this market area with improved offerings. I would be interested to hear from GG on any future development planned. Indeed any sign of no response given would confirm to me the Irish entrepreneur who developed and brought to market has moved on to other projects. Hoping to hear something if GG are serious to support new and existing customers who bought the system.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Can we get an update on this request?

Surely this essential feature cannot be "under review" nearly 3 years after it was suggested...

Please let us know about the timeline, Gamegolf!

• Clive Breedon commented  · 

Garmin offer this as part of the new watch software and connect. Very useful

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes.. we need this feature ASAP! You could view one hole and in one picture show every ball flight you've played on that hole.. It would help you understand how you played it well and poorly and help with your course management.

• jjagg commented  · 

Yes 2nd only to correct Pin location this is a must have surely. I've just
        commented on another similar feature request before reading this one and I really think for assisting game improvement and good course management skills this is really an important improvement required by many like myself who would like to analyse certain 'difficult holes' that I am sure we all have on our home course each week.

• Cody commented  · 

This is an excellent idea. To be able to quickly view all tee shots on a particular hole and then all approach shots would be great information to see. As previously stated being able to see your score delta on a hole based on whether you used driver or 3 wood or hybrid would be a great game improvement tool.

• csiii commented  · 

So this idea was initially commented on nearly two years ago. I don't understand the delay? All the data necesasryt for individual hole analysis is already collected. It's not that difficult to develop the cross-tab analysis. For those using Game Golf to improve their games and who play the same set of courses regularly, this is critical. Please put it on the top of the list...frankly, putting some effort into making the Apple watch compatible (which I see is listed as "planned")versus this kind of need is absurd. Take care of your current customers, or lose us to other, more capable and useful devices. Thank you.

• Nobblescrunch commented  · 

Come on GameGolf. You're being left behind the curve now. You've got a great product, keep the evolution going. I'd rather have stats i don't need than not having stats that i do.

• ParHunter commented  · 

Drew, I am with you on this one. It seems nothing is happening with GameGolf. Over on a thread on GameGolf at GolfWrx the mood is similar.

• Drew Ely commented  · 

I'm very close to trading in my game golf for an Arccos. I like using the Game Golf but crave some advance stats. This has been asked for by many for a long time but it just doesn't seem to be something that is ever completed....

• Legone commented  · 

Usefull for a specific hole problem or for course management

• Mark Frost commented  · 

The ability to see holes played by others (and the ability to group those by player handicap, date range, tees, club selection, score) would be a great addition here.

I'm about to go play some courses in Florida for the first time and being able to see how all the 5-10 HDCP players play these holes would be hugely informative.

• RonS commented  · 

+1. This would be very helpful - more so than some of the other stats now available.

• Mark Frost commented  · 

This is a major missing feature.

To be able to see per-hole (per course, obviously) stats would be huge. It would help to identify problem holes, evaluate course-management choices, and visualize performance improvements.

• Stephen commented  · 

hole by hole analysis is definitely needed. Will help with course strategy and scoring patterns based on clubs used off the tee.

Is this feature planned?

• Darren commented  · 

This is a stella idea the ability to drill down into "Golden Round" type stats is something much needed. Similar to the stats the Hold in How did I do website but with the graphics Game could offer this would be a massive seller and I would think a massive bonus and for regular golfers I would think most people would love this feature.

• Pierre Bourgeois commented  · 

would be a great bonus for players who play regularly on the same course.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base