What features do you need?

More types of CHALLENGES

Some ideas to add for the Challenges section.

Best fairway percentage
Best scrambling percentage of, at least, 4 rounds
Best sand save percentage
Best scoring on par 3's
Best scoring on par 4's
Best scoring on par 5's
Best fairway wood hitter (NOT by distance, but by % of the shots close to the pin, GIR or less than 5 yds to the pin)
Best long distance hitter (the same for hybrids, 4 or 5 irons)
Best medium distance (7-9 irons)
Best short gamers (PW - LW)
Driving accuracy least -right and left distance to fairway.

Badge ideas:
Heavy weather conditions (play a round raining, snowing, over 37ºC (100ºF), below 40ºF (4ºC), extremely windy...). This can be known combining the weather info and the course location.

Eagle
Birdie
Bogey free
100% fairways
100% greens

The longest drive challenge is not fair, as some people just don't tag their second shot of a hole and Boooooom!, suddenly there's a 400 yd drive while the average for that round is less than 220.

44 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Eduardo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Doug P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In order for Game Golf to stay competitive with more and more options, they must expand the social aspect. A more diverse selection of challenges is desperately needed and the idea of badges (similar to what Garmin has) is a brilliant idea!

• Brad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have more challenges. The stats are why I bought this but the challenges keep me competing with my friends of all skill levels.

• Ricey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

much needed to be added challenges, scrambling for me is key to the game !!

• DaBiff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the idea of badges, talk about bragging rights. I also see the issue with the long drive being absolute and people cheating. However, the current challenge setup is to have an average driving distance. I know that for me, it's not what I am looking for in a long drive challenge. For instance, my average driving distance is 236 yds. and that's not an accurate indicator of my abilities mainly because I can't' delete bad drives that are being considered in the algorithm. For instance, I have 17 drives in 19 rounds of over 270 yards, with 6 of those over 300 and the longest being 311. (Apples to apples, all rounds were played on the same course) But, because the lowest 17 "measured" drives range from 144 - 182yds. for those same 19 rounds, it drops my average significantly. So, due to my inconsistency, I can not compete in an average drive situation.
        I like the longest drive challenge based one a single best drive that is FIR. And if people have to cheat to feel better about their game then I feel sorry for them.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see an option for consecutive...
        birdies, pars, bogeys, girs, sandsaves, recoveries, 2puts or less, rounds with a score of x strokes or less.

could be implemented by a dropdown menu.

e.g. choose
        1. mode:
        lowest, most, least, consecutive...
        2. attributes:
        girs, sandsaves, fairways hit, pars, 2puts, puts
        3. optional further differentiaion:
        and more, and worse

• Hew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can I bump this idea please for more challenges please?

It serves to promote GameGolf to other non-users.

Data is all there, be nice to see if coding/launching this is feasible.

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GG- any news on this - I think a more diverse range of challenges that can be set is essential if the 'social' side of the product is to be established.

Feedback and Knowledge Base