What features do you need?

More types of CHALLENGES

Some ideas to add for the Challenges section.

Best fairway percentage
Best scrambling percentage of, at least, 4 rounds
Best sand save percentage
Best scoring on par 3's
Best scoring on par 4's
Best scoring on par 5's
Best fairway wood hitter (NOT by distance, but by % of the shots close to the pin, GIR or less than 5 yds to the pin)
Best long distance hitter (the same for hybrids, 4 or 5 irons)
Best medium distance (7-9 irons)
Best short gamers (PW - LW)
Driving accuracy least -right and left distance to fairway.

Badge ideas:
Heavy weather conditions (play a round raining, snowing, over 37ºC (100ºF), below 40ºF (4ºC), extremely windy...). This can be known combining the weather info and the course location.

Eagle
Birdie
Bogey free
100% fairways
100% greens

The longest drive challenge is not fair, as some people just don't tag their second shot of a hole and Boooooom!, suddenly there's a 400 yd drive while the average for that round is less than 220.

44 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Eduardo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Doug P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In order for Game Golf to stay competitive with more and more options, they must expand the social aspect. A more diverse selection of challenges is desperately needed and the idea of badges (similar to what Garmin has) is a brilliant idea!

• Brad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have more challenges. The stats are why I bought this but the challenges keep me competing with my friends of all skill levels.

• Ricey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

much needed to be added challenges, scrambling for me is key to the game !!

• DaBiff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the idea of badges, talk about bragging rights. I also see the issue with the long drive being absolute and people cheating. However, the current challenge setup is to have an average driving distance. I know that for me, it's not what I am looking for in a long drive challenge. For instance, my average driving distance is 236 yds. and that's not an accurate indicator of my abilities mainly because I can't' delete bad drives that are being considered in the algorithm. For instance, I have 17 drives in 19 rounds of over 270 yards, with 6 of those over 300 and the longest being 311. (Apples to apples, all rounds were played on the same course) But, because the lowest 17 "measured" drives range from 144 - 182yds. for those same 19 rounds, it drops my average significantly. So, due to my inconsistency, I can not compete in an average drive situation.
    I like the longest drive challenge based one a single best drive that is FIR. And if people have to cheat to feel better about their game then I feel sorry for them.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see an option for consecutive...
    birdies, pars, bogeys, girs, sandsaves, recoveries, 2puts or less, rounds with a score of x strokes or less.

could be implemented by a dropdown menu.

e.g. choose
    1. mode:
    lowest, most, least, consecutive...
    2. attributes:
    girs, sandsaves, fairways hit, pars, 2puts, puts
    3. optional further differentiaion:
    and more, and worse

• Hew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can I bump this idea please for more challenges please?

It serves to promote GameGolf to other non-users.

Data is all there, be nice to see if coding/launching this is feasible.

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GG- any news on this - I think a more diverse range of challenges that can be set is essential if the 'social' side of the product is to be established.

Feedback and Knowledge Base