What features do you need?

Pin Placement

Add option to allow user to select either their 1st or last tagged putt as the pin location. Example: Under settings, I select to use my 1st putter tag as the pin. I would then hit my approach onto the green. Then, with putter in hand, tag the pin. The device, on upload would then automatically set the pin and not count this as a putt.

This would be helpful to show the user there proximity to hole on approach, chip and lag putt.

In addition to selecting 1st or last putt, the user should be able to choose not turn this feature off and use the device as it is currently.

535 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jason Zier shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

53 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't want (and don't like) to use my phone on course. But I will really love to have a correct pin placement. The idea mentionned below to use one of the extra tags to place it seems perfect to me... It will avoid the systematic correction of each round.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been 2 years since this was "STARTED" and that took 2 years since the idea was first posted. Has this been forgotten? It's by far the most requested feature. I've been tagging an extra putt at the pin and then moving the pin to that location using the website after I get home. However, sometimes it thinks I'm starting the next hole. Apparently Game Golf doesn't like 3 putts any more than I do.

• chri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would be nice if you could tag one of your extra tags as hole location

• Paul Drazba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just tried game golf live for the first time today. I kept one of the extra tags in my pocket and used it to mark the pin location after my putt(s). The problem I had was that this tag registered as the first shot for the next hole. Would it just be possible to create a tag designation for the hole location and adjust the algorithm to consider this scenario, should the user choose to use it?

• Tate Alt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pin placement may be available on the classic, BUT it rarely works.

I have to change most of the pins every time I edit a round. Default stats go to green centers and my long/short/left/right percentages are not always aiming at green centers especially on large greens.

Maybe a feature that allows dedicating one of the extra tags as a pin locator, in the same way those tags would be assigned to a club they could instead be assigned to the pin locale.

• andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have you got a link or information for how to use real time pin placement please?

• Chris Handy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So at this point, the best way to mark pin position would appear to be by tagging an extra putt on each hole over the actual pin position. Then on edit, move the flagstick over or as close to the last tag as possible. Then delete the putt. Would Game Golf Admin agree that this is probably the most precise method?

I'm not sure at this time it would be all that beneficial at this time as Game Golf does not process distances of putts made or lags ect. But it may be a feature later which would allow for Strokes Gained Putting stats and other valuable information.

• Jon Nichols commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm on Android, so I can't use the feature, but based on the description, the new feature requires me to open the app, zoom in on the green and manually place the pin at the location that is my best guess based on my eyeballing of the green. Is this correct? Is there a reason why this wouldn't be done simply by adding a 'Pin' club to my club selection view on the app, and having the app set the pin location based on where I'm standing? I just don't see how I'll have the time to be figuring out pin locations as my foursome is moving on to the next hole.

• Forhuskers63376 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

jaehee.lee
    ADMIN
    jaehee.lee (Admin, GAME GOLF) responded · June 20, 2016
    Real time pin placement is live on iOS and is in process for android.

For Classic users it is already available on web.
    ==========================================

What exactly does this mean that "for classic users it is already available on the web"? Please explain.

• Iain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great, like this idea. Have to move about half the pins in a round usually although I do find remembering to tag putts close to the pin are the easiest to forget.

• sebastien huynh trudeau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, is the Real Time pin placement mentionned by jaehee.lee is what they announced with their LIVE product?.... ie the pin data base

If it is, well i am very disapointed not to get the TAG to place pin in this post!

I really do not want to have to use my phone for pin placement

• Jason Reber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too would a quick and easy way to tag the pin location versus the dragging and dropping of the pin. I'm already eating up most of my battery life on the course.

• Tate Alt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will the classic be supported? Maybe a feature that allows dedicating one of the extra tags as a pin locator, in the same way those tags would be assigned to a club they could instead be assigned to the pin locale.

• Parks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am re-locating several pins every round, because the location shown is incorrect.

• Scott king commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about replacing the bolt that holds the flag on the pin with a game golf device we could tag and give us pin placement? surely i am not the first person to think of that one.
    I have a classic is there real time placement going for this as well?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YEA!!! Bout time. I as well as others suggested this easy fix. I guess Game Golf is feeling the heat from Arccos and the 5 or so other similar devices that are now out there.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base