What features do you need?

There needs to be a way to make profiles completely private.

There needs to be a way to make profiles completely private and also only those that we are following can see our rounds. This is a pretty big privacy concern.

117 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please update this. my boss i s on my ass for golfing to much. might loose my job, since GG isn't secure...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is now 2018 and in the these day of privacy, Security concerns and GDPR you have literally done nothing to make your clients data private. I dont want people to follow me that I dont want and I should have option to decline an invite for someone to follow me. What are you doing about this???

• Randy Saunders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here we are years later, and it seems nothing has been done on an issue from 2014.

This is an important feature, and not a peep.

• GGO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this has been partially dealt with here:
        http://myexperience.gamegolf.com/forums/235909-general-feedback/suggestions/6330580-data-privacy-control

...but when signing off under settings, I would like these options (or similar) to be available:
        1. Include round in stats (already a feature)
        2. Share stats publically
        3. Share stats semi-privately (share with people of my choosing)
        4. Share stats anonymously
        5. Make round public (already a feature)
        6. Make round semi-private (share with people of my choosing)

• m64 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree!

I would like option for:

All GameGolf users only

and

All Followers only

KindRegards

A Happy New User :)

• adam flynn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

have to agree I don't want anything of mine shared with anyone unless I specifically approve it.
        no offence u guys I m sure ur all great but I don't want to know you ha ha!!!

• BoB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This does indeed need to be a priority!!!

Only want to share my rounds with friends, not the world at large!

• John Porter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be bumped to MAJOR PRIORITY LEVEL! Overlooked for way too long. It's been a year, and nothing has changed. And least in the meantime provide users with a link to request removal of followers. I'm an IT guy and I KNOW IT CAN BE DONE ON THE BACK END>!

• Brent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems so obvious and easy to implement. My friends see me, strangers can request! Which I can then accept or decline. Come on. Great product but this is an issue

• Doncha Justfollowme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stu, I put some votes on this as despite all the good features to improve GG, this is the issue that puts us all at risk by swinging all our personal info in the breeze for anyone to pick up on without or permission but with our knowledge (we get told they're following us but nothing we can do about it. For the real stealthy ones, just watch someone without following them. If exploited correctly, this system is the perfect hitman accomplice and no one seems to give it enough attention to fix it right away, we have to go through the cream/poop floats test. What a shame good intentions need controls but they should have been built in by default, I think that was both our out points, mine has fewer votes but expresses a more dire need under Major Privacy Concerns, Add Follow Screening/Permissions, thanks for being the focal point.

• Stu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The default should be to "Keep Private" and we then "Give Permission" to share only if we want to. Default should always be to maintain privacy, not the other way around.

• Andreas Aardal Hanssen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My friends won't buy game golf because of privacy concerns. They were 100% into the idea until they (and I!) found out profiles are public and cannot be made private to friends-only. Revealing GPS location to the public is not nice.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bumping this! Some random dudes signing up to follow me - only the paranoid survive!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base