What features do you need?

The ability to view your shots at any single hole

While you can view the performance of any single club it would be nice to filter it to any single hole.. For those that play the same course alot it would be useful to see where you are missing certain shots, be it off the tee or on approach. Some course have large variations in tee boxes and pin positions. When you pull up the insight tool for a club you can see where all the shots have landed but you cant filter it down by hole which would be useful to see if you are having alignment issues on a hole or under/over clubbing because of elevation /wind issue that certain holes have.

88 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Yes please. I recently started creating yardage books for my courses. If you could have an overlay of a hole that's been played multiple times, showing where each shot and what club, landed. This would make writing yardage books way easy

• James Curran commented  · 

Any idea when this could be completed - Play the same 2 courses more or less all the time -
        Usually in the same trees on 14th hole - would love to know what club I should be trying or if my thinking is there with evidence

• Ward commented  · 

I play the same course 99% of the time. I would like to see a graphic where my ball has landed on the hole for the 100s of times I have played the hole. Yes, it would be just like on TV where they show where each golfer's tee shot landed and where each approach shot landed. This would show the golfer's tendencies to hit the same good or bad shot. Thank you for listening.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Would love that functionality. Would be even better if the tee shots were colour coded by their respective hole scores, highlighting good/bad spots to be. Something like this:
        http://trevorjohnston.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/sawgrass_17th.jpg

It would also be nice to see avg score, avg putts, avg shots to green, birdie/par/bogey ratios on that particular hole. Maybe add a filter for which club was used to tee off. Am I better off using a long iron instead of driver on that short par 4? GG has all the data required to provide the answer.

• csiii commented  · 

This is an excellent suggestion and one that has been made on this forum by several folks (including myself) for about two years. The interesting thing to me is that the data for this is already all collected...it literally is just a matter of making a new, fairly simple crosstab of the existing database. Please do this one soon as an "easy win".

Feedback and Knowledge Base