What features do you need?

The pin position can easily be tagged with the introduction of a ball marker/tag. New idea, no. Great idea, yes.

Simply use the ball marker/tag on each green at the location of the pin. Easy peasy.

150 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tate Alt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sue Craven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with everyone's suggestion that making the last putter tag be the pin position seems like the easiest to implement. When you retrieve your ball from the cup, you tag and that is the pin location. No additional tags needed. No additional button pushing. Easy, peasy!

• Roger Littin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another option that would be a lot easier than using an extra tag or doing something with the putter tag, would be to use the power button on the tag reader. Short press on the green marks the flag, short press on the tee or through the green marks a penalty. To switch off the reader, the button would need to held in for a few seconds.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea and also an obvious one. Why after 2 years is it still not implemented? It is the biggest problem of an otherwise good product. Had I not received Gamegolf as a present I would have bought Shotscope myself, purely because of the better and more accurate putting statistic. As we all know, putting is the most area for scoring. You can get away with a bad shot almost anywhere, but a missed putt is one shot! Which is why you putting stats more than anything else.

• Lee Asnault commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additional stats that can be generated with a tagged pin position:
        - distance of made putts.
        - Total distance of putts
        - better approach and recovery shot stats.

• Glen Whelden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be a priority for you guys. It adds to the editing time too when you have to edit every hole whether you tagged correctly or not.

• Shane O'Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea that the last putter tag be at the hole...please enable this as it will allow for proper short game insights

• Alan Cairns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just male the last Putter Tag be the pin position. If you chipped in there would only be one putter tag on that hole. So this would be simpler and would not require any additional markers and could be implemented by a new release of the Game software. This is something that would greatly enhance the putting stats and analysis of your putting game

• Jack Murphy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I took the route of tagging with my putter at the pin location after I hole out. Unfortunately this adds a stroke which ruins the scorecard during the round, and I have to edit each hole after the round to move the pin to the last putter tag, then remove that stroke. Can't wait for a fix to this obvious shortcoming.

• Duncan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with the poster who said that it would be simpler to make the last tag be at the hole rather than introducing a new tag.

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

oooh... great piece of additional hardware request... a GameGolf ball marker. Something slick that can be customised with your own design on it...
        Contains the little tag within the marker, and then you can scan the ball marker to end the hole.. £5 a pop... that'll make some money ;-)
        In all seriousness, I look forward to being able to tag the flag positions as this is the worst part of GG at the moment (as my stats look like I miss a 1 foot putt by 25 feet, only to nail the return putt!)

• Captawol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this needs to be addressed, without the proper pin position the 'insights' is worthless on both stats and suggestions

• Linus Page Chou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or just mark the pin by tagging your putter one last time at the pin when you retrieve your ball. So the last "putt" is actually the pin location. Putting stats would be some of the most useful, averages from different distances. the algorithm setting 1 putts to center of the green is not providing anything close to accurate stats.

• keith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would give us more accurate putting stats and reduce editing time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base